Please read the following carefully
- The Lead Tenant is the individual tenant that acts on behalf of all the other tenants and any third party when dealing with the DPS. This person pays the deposit and they can make enquiries and initiate deposit repayments. They can also authorise or validate a deposit repayment that has been initiated by the agent/landlord. The lead tenant must ensure that all tenants and any third party receives the appropriate share of any deposit that is to be repaid to them.
- Each applicant over 18 must complete an application form, will be referenced by Homelet and named on the tenancy agreement.
- The property will be let to you in accordance with our lettings brochure. If you have any particular requests over and above those stated, can you please ensure these are stated on the application form.
- If you are on a low income or are likely to have a poor credit score you may require a Guarantor – please speak to Grisdales for further information.
- Under GDPR legislation your employer and landlord will not provide a reference unless they have your consent to do so. Please advise all relevant parties that Homelet will be contacting them. All information you provide is dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
- With effect from 1 February 2016 Grisdales, on behalf of the Landlord, have to check that new tenants have the Right to Rent. Grisdales need to see and photocopy the original documents (ie valid passport or driving licence, National Insurance Certificate, Firearms Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc). Please ensure that you have the original of one of these documents available when you apply for the property.
- It is recommended that you hold adequate insurance to protect against accidental damage caused by the Tenant to the Landlords Fixtures and Fittings at the premises as described in the Inventory of Contents and Schedule of Condition. You should also consider insuring your own possessions. Please speak to Grisdales for further information, about this and the Tenant Protection Plan we can offer