Top tips on preparing to sell your home 30 Jun 2022
When your property is up for sale it is important that it is showcased in the best possible light. Here are our top tips on preparing to sell you home. These simple tricks can come in handy when your property is being photographed and in preparation for viewings.
The outside of your house is really important as this is usually the first thing people see. Follow our top tips to make sure your property has kerb appeal.
- Clear the driveway and paths of any debris
- Clean the front door, windows and window frames
- Mow the lawn and tidy the garden
- Jet wash all paths and driveway
- Store any bins and bikes out of sight
- Take your car off the driveway
The living room is often considered the heart of your home, so show it to its full potential.
- Tie curtains back neatly and open blinds to let the natural light flow into the room
- Arrange the furniture in a way that best shows off the size of the room
- Straighten and plump cushions
- Consider limiting the number of personal objects on display
- Declutter coffee tables
- In cooler months, light the fire to make the living space cosy and warm
- As with all rooms, dust surfaces and mop and hoover the floor
- Polish and buff mirrors until smear-free
The kitchen can be a real selling point for many people, so be sure to present it as attractively as possible.
- Remove as much as you can from your kitchen worktop to show off the space
- Store away cleaning items such as tea towels, washing up liquid and dish cloths
- Clean down all visible appliances
- Take down any calendars and blackboards
Bathrooms should be gleaming from top to bottom. Here are our tips on helping your bathroom look in top condition;
- Ensure all fixtures and fittings have been wiped down
- Don’t forget to clean grout and tiling
- Buff and polish shower screens and mirrors until smear-free
- Replace old shower curtains
- Put personal items such as flannels, sponges and toothbrushes out of sight
- Store away any toiletries such as shampoo bottles
- Hang or straighten up hand towels and refresh bath mats
A bedroom should be cosy and inviting.
- Ensure all beds are made
- Add fresh, good-condition bedding if possible
- Straighten and plump pillows
- Remove personal items from bedside tables
- Store away dressing gowns
- Don’t be afraid to show off your kids’ rooms but make sure toys are tidied away or stored neatly
Want to read more?
Enjoyed reading our top tips on preparing to sell your home? Read our top tips on having a stress-free moving day HERE.
Sales, Grisdales News, Lettings Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agent? Choosing Which Agent is Best for you
Have you even wondered what the difference between between a highstreet estate agent and an online agent is? We explain [...]
Read about our recent 'EXCELLENT' award win in sales AND lettings at the Best Estate Agents Guide 2022 in our [...]
Grisdales Guide, Our Area Grisdales Guide: Your Great-Great Cockermouth Grandfather Would Have Only Paid £379 for His Cockermouth Home in 1871
Would it surprise you even more when I said the ratio of house prices to wages are still lower today [...]