Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agent? Choosing Which Agent is Best for you 8 Apr 2021
Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agents
The online agent model has become much more prevalent over the last few years, but not everyone understands the differences between what this type of agent offers over the traditional high street agent. This weeks blog explores the difference between the two.
Grisdales, a Full Service, Traditional Estate Agent
There are many differences between the services, for example a full service agent will maintain a database of several hundred purchasers to whom details of new properties can be sent, as opposed to an online agent just listing the properties on the portals and waiting passively for buyers to request viewings.
A Traditional Estate Agent:
• Will not ask for fees upfront and only receive a fee once the property sells.
• Will telephone hot buyers in order to encourage viewings.
• Will accompany viewings and build up relationships with the potential purchasers – very often property choices at the start of a buyer’s journey is not where they end up and therefore support along that journey is very worthwhile.
• Will follow up viewings to get feedback, encouraging offers and asking in depth questions to build up a better picture of the buyers needs, a marketing strategy for the sellers.
• Will negotiate an offer to get the best price for the seller.
• Will check the chain and qualify the buyer thoroughly before an offer is accepted.
• Will play a proactive part in monitoring the progress of the sale and addressing any problems that may jeopardise it.
Putting your property on the market is one of the biggest life decisions you can make, so think carefully about what sort of service you want from your agent before you decide.
Read more from Get Agent HERE.
What you said...
Grisdales were brilliant in helping us sell our house in Whitehaven. They were able to get us a quick sale when other estate agents [...]
Excellent balance between professionalism and friendliness. I would recommend to anyone as they take care to think of the little touches and made my experience [...]
Judith has been my main point of contact. She is very professional and great at her job. She communicates really well, promptly and efficiently. The [...]
We have beed working with Destiny and Susan in the Cockermouth office. I have to say, Destiny was charm and professionalism personified and kept me [...]
Rented my home through Grisdales Estate Agents. They made everything so easy and so simple! I would highly recommend renting with Grisdales. Thank you so [...]
S L Holbrook
Helen has been very good, she kept us well informed and explained everything to us. There is nothing at all that I can think [...]
I am a tenant through Grisdales and I have also been a landlord of Grisdales. I am very happy with everything that has been happening. [...]
Fantastic service from Grisdales with regards to purchase of my first house. Helen, Claire and the rest of the team were really helpful and supportive [...]
Lesley at Grisdales has always been a pleasure to deal with open, honest & very professional - and has again sucessfully let my property [...]
Thank you so much for getting the readings for me. I wish to say that you have proven to be one of the best and [...]
David and Pauline Stocks
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Get in contact with a friendly member of the Grisdales team to discuss anything property