Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agent? Choosing Which Agent is Best for you 8 Apr 2021
Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agents
The online agent model has become much more prevalent over the last few years, but not everyone understands the differences between what this type of agent offers over the traditional high street agent. This weeks blog explores the difference between the two.
Grisdales, a Full Service, Traditional Estate Agent
There are many differences between the services, for example a full service agent will maintain a database of several hundred purchasers to whom details of new properties can be sent, as opposed to an online agent just listing the properties on the portals and waiting passively for buyers to request viewings.
A Traditional Estate Agent:
• Will not ask for fees upfront and only receive a fee once the property sells.
• Will telephone hot buyers in order to encourage viewings.
• Will accompany viewings and build up relationships with the potential purchasers – very often property choices at the start of a buyer’s journey is not where they end up and therefore support along that journey is very worthwhile.
• Will follow up viewings to get feedback, encouraging offers and asking in depth questions to build up a better picture of the buyers needs, a marketing strategy for the sellers.
• Will negotiate an offer to get the best price for the seller.
• Will check the chain and qualify the buyer thoroughly before an offer is accepted.
• Will play a proactive part in monitoring the progress of the sale and addressing any problems that may jeopardise it.
Putting your property on the market is one of the biggest life decisions you can make, so think carefully about what sort of service you want from your agent before you decide.
Read more from Get Agent HERE.
What you said...
Alison and Judith have both been perfect! There is nothing at all to improve. The recent process has been very straight forward and smooth.
Thank you so much for getting the readings for me. I wish to say that you have proven to be one of the best and [...]
David and Pauline Stocks
I am a tenant through Grisdales and I have also been a landlord of Grisdales. I am very happy with everything that has been happening. [...]
I recently decided to rent my property out via Grisdales. They made everything very simple, easy and quick. The agent who I met with was [...]
I am very happy with the lettings side of things and Alison has been fantastic, she could not have been more helpful. I would not [...]
We have beed working with Destiny and Susan in the Cockermouth office. I have to say, Destiny was charm and professionalism personified and kept me [...]
Absolutely brilliant from day one.I switched to Grisdales (Cockermouth branch), from another agent because I’d not had much interest on my house in months. [...]
Helen has been very good, she kept us well informed and explained everything to us. There is nothing at all that I can think [...]
Destiny very helpful, Grisdales get the job done!
Judith was very thorough and charming. Everything she said she would do, she did. It was done in a very timely manner. You could tell [...]
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Get in contact with a friendly member of the Grisdales team to discuss anything property