Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agent? Choosing Which Agent is Best for you 8 Apr 2021
Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agents
The online agent model has become much more prevalent over the last few years, but not everyone understands the differences between what this type of agent offers over the traditional high street agent. This weeks blog explores the difference between the two.
Grisdales, a Full Service, Traditional Estate Agent
There are many differences between the services, for example a full service agent will maintain a database of several hundred purchasers to whom details of new properties can be sent, as opposed to an online agent just listing the properties on the portals and waiting passively for buyers to request viewings.
A Traditional Estate Agent:
• Will not ask for fees upfront and only receive a fee once the property sells.
• Will telephone hot buyers in order to encourage viewings.
• Will accompany viewings and build up relationships with the potential purchasers – very often property choices at the start of a buyer’s journey is not where they end up and therefore support along that journey is very worthwhile.
• Will follow up viewings to get feedback, encouraging offers and asking in depth questions to build up a better picture of the buyers needs, a marketing strategy for the sellers.
• Will negotiate an offer to get the best price for the seller.
• Will check the chain and qualify the buyer thoroughly before an offer is accepted.
• Will play a proactive part in monitoring the progress of the sale and addressing any problems that may jeopardise it.
Putting your property on the market is one of the biggest life decisions you can make, so think carefully about what sort of service you want from your agent before you decide.
Read more from Get Agent HERE.
What you said...
Seamless handling off property letting, everything taken care of excellent communications all ways quick to respond to anything
My impressions of Grisdales are what a professional team of people to deal with. They communicate well (you will not believe how quickly and [...]
Helen has been brilliant! She has been very good, kept us up to date and she just worked very hard. She pushed to [...]
Very efficient and courteous. Nothing was too much trouble and collated property information very meticulously and in a timely manner.
Excellent friendly customer service. Always willing to assist no matter how busy they are. Special thanks to Helen who goes above and beyond and is [...]
Nicola and the team at Grisdales were fantastic. Dealt with a few different letting agents in Cumbria, but Grisdales was by far the best - [...]
Alison and Destiny are both spot on and really good. Their communication skills are very good and they keep in touch with me.
I recently purchased a property from Grisdales Cockermouth and the service i received was fantastic. I dealt with Susan mainly for the sale, her assistance [...]
Excellent service, very professional, curtious and helpful finding me the accomodtion I was looking for.
Alison and the team have been brilliant at helping us find a home to rent. She has been there to answer any of our questions [...]
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Get in contact with a friendly member of the Grisdales team to discuss anything property