Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agent? Choosing Which Agent is Best for you 8 Apr 2021
Online Estate Agent Vs Traditional Estate Agents
The online agent model has become much more prevalent over the last few years, but not everyone understands the differences between what this type of agent offers over the traditional high street agent. This weeks blog explores the difference between the two.
Grisdales, a Full Service, Traditional Estate Agent
There are many differences between the services, for example a full service agent will maintain a database of several hundred purchasers to whom details of new properties can be sent, as opposed to an online agent just listing the properties on the portals and waiting passively for buyers to request viewings.
A Traditional Estate Agent:
• Will not ask for fees upfront and only receive a fee once the property sells.
• Will telephone hot buyers in order to encourage viewings.
• Will accompany viewings and build up relationships with the potential purchasers – very often property choices at the start of a buyer’s journey is not where they end up and therefore support along that journey is very worthwhile.
• Will follow up viewings to get feedback, encouraging offers and asking in depth questions to build up a better picture of the buyers needs, a marketing strategy for the sellers.
• Will negotiate an offer to get the best price for the seller.
• Will check the chain and qualify the buyer thoroughly before an offer is accepted.
• Will play a proactive part in monitoring the progress of the sale and addressing any problems that may jeopardise it.
Putting your property on the market is one of the biggest life decisions you can make, so think carefully about what sort of service you want from your agent before you decide.
Read more from Get Agent HERE.
What you said...
I recently decided to rent my property out via Grisdales. They made everything very simple, easy and quick. The agent who I met with was [...]
I have been using Grisdales for a few years with various rental properties they have always found me good clients quickly as they have done [...]
Fantastic service from Grisdales with regards to purchase of my first house. Helen, Claire and the rest of the team were really helpful and supportive [...]
Rented my home through Grisdales Estate Agents. They made everything so easy and so simple! I would highly recommend renting with Grisdales. Thank you so [...]
S L Holbrook
Absolutely brilliant from day one. I switched to Grisdales (Cockermouth branch), from another agent because I’d not had much interest on my house in months. [...]
Excellent balance between professionalism and friendliness. I would recommend to anyone as they take care to think of the little touches and made my experience [...]
I would just like to say a big thank you to Alison and the Team at the Grisdales office in Cockermouth. I received a first [...]
Helen has been brilliant! She has been very good, kept us up to date and she just worked very hard. She pushed to [...]
We have beed working with Destiny and Susan in the Cockermouth office. I have to say, Destiny was charm and professionalism personified and kept me [...]
Destiny very helpful, Grisdales get the job done!
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Get in contact with a friendly member of the Grisdales team to discuss anything property